BCCI AGM Live Updates : The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is holding it 89th Annual General Meeting (AGM) today in Ahmedabad. The BCCI AGM has already started at 12 pm today. The introduction of two new IPL teams, cricket’s inclusion in the Olympics and T20 World Cup Tax Exemption issue will be the main points on agenda as BCCI big-wigs meet tomorrow in Ahmedabad
Speculation is rife that BCCI’s president Sourav Ganguly’s conflict of interest issue will also come for discussion during the AGM. But neither it is listed in the agenda nor according to the information available with InsideSport it will come up for any discussion.
“We are here to discuss very important agenda circulated by the Secretary. Sourav’s personal endorsements is a complete non-issue. No way it will be discussed or raised in the meeting”, said one of the senior BCCI official who has already reached Ahmedabad for the meeting.
89th Annual General Meeting of BCCI – AGENDA
The BCCI AGM starts at 12 today and 23 points are listed on the agenda –
1. Confirmation of the minutes of the 88th Annual General Meeting of BCCI held on December 1, 2019 at BCCI Headquarters, Cricket Centre, Mumbai.
2. Election of the Vice-President.
3. Election of 2 (two) representatives of the General Body in the Governing Council of the IPL.
4. Induction/appointment of the following members of the Governing Council:
(a) 2 (two) representatives of the General Body; and
(b) 1 (one) representative of the Indian Cricketer’s Association;
5. Adoption of the report of the secretary for the year 2019-20 under review.
6. Adoption of the treasurer’s report and the audited accounts for the year FY 2018-19.
7. Adoption of the Annual Budget for the year FY 2020-21.
8. Appointment of the Auditor or Auditors for the year 2019-20 and 2020-21 and fix their remuneration.
9. Appointment of the Ombudsman and Ethics Officer.
10. Appointment of the Cricket Committees and Standing Committees as mentioned in Rules 26 and 25 respectively.
11. Appointment of the Umpires Committee as mentioned in Rule 27.
12. Consideration of:
(a) the Report and recommendations of the Apex Council, the CEO and the Committees and to propose policy directions to the Apex Council;
(b) the Report and recommendations of the Governing Council and to propose policy directions to the Governing Council;
(c) the Reports of the Ombudsman and Ethics Officer and any recommendations made therein;
13. Consideration of any motion, notice whereof is given by a Full Member to the Secretary, 21 (twenty-one) days before the meeting.
14. To appoint the BCCI’s Representative or Representatives on the International Cricket Council and/or any similar organization.
15. Approval on inclusion of 2 (two) new team to the Indian Premier League.
16. Discussion of BCCI’s stand on inclusion of cricket in Los Angeles Olympic Games in 2028.
17. To update on ICC matters – ICC Tax Exemption Issue
18. To update on National Cricket Academy matters.
19. To update on ICC T20 World Cup 2021 scheduled to be held in India.
20. To update on India’s Future Tour Programs.
21. Ratification of rules framed by the Apex Council, in terms of Rule 15 of BCCI’s Rules and Regulations.
22. Consideration of any business, which the President may consider necessary to be included in the agenda.
23. Transaction of any other business of an informal character as may be permitted by the Chairperson.
The AGM was earlier postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic
What is the status with 2 NEW IPL Teams ?
InsideSport has already reported that BCCI AGM will approve the inclusion of two new teams but from IPL 2022. According to the info available BCCI members are of the view, that to include two new teams with immediate effect will be not feasible – but they are all set to approve new teams for IPL 2022.
What is the ICC T20 World Cup Tax Exemption Issue ?
THE ICC wants tax exemptions for next year’s T20 World Cup to be hosted in India. BCCI has been given various deadlines by ICC to provide tax exemption certificate from the Indian government which is mandatory to host ICC events. BCCI AGM will discuss the issue among its members and decide the way forward.
The ICC new deadline is for December 31.“As per Clause 10.20 of host agreement for this event, the BCCI is obligated to deliver to ICC a full tax exemption for all income arising out of this event in favour of ICC, its sub- sidiaries and associates and its Members at least 18 month prior to the start of the event,” the BCCI has mentioned in the agenda papers for its 89th Annual General Meeting to be held in Ahmedabad on Thursday.
Cricket in Olympics
The ICC is targeting the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics but so far the BCCI has shown reluctance to cricket’s inclusion in the Olympics. There’s an apprehension that cricket in T20 format in the Olympics can negatively affect the revenue stream from bilateral and global T20 events. BCCI is meeting will decide their stand on Cricket in Olympics